Using my slow cooker is one of my favourite ways to get tender meat everytime. You could use any beef in this recipe, and chuck steak would work well as the cartilage and sinew would break down well and become so tender and flavorsome!
Prepare in the morning and devour in the evening!
Maple Dijon Slow Cooked Beef
Tender Beef Cooked with flavours of maple sweetness and dijon mustard.
- Slow Cooker
- 1 kg beef chuck would be best
- 250 g bacon
- 4 onions small
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Dry the meat with paper towel and rub it with salt and pepper.
- Turn your slow cooker onto sear setting.
- In the slow cooker pan fry the bacon until fat is released.
- Add the onions and cook in the fat with the bacon until softened.
- Push the onions and bacon to the side and add the meat, sear each side until browned. Turn off the slow cooker.
- Combine the bone broth, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, sweet paprika in a bowl, then pour over the meat into the slow cooker.
- On a low heat, slow cook the meat for 7-8 hours
- Serve over mashed potato, sweet potato, cauliflower mash, with a side of cooked greens or salad.